Below are the Expected School-Wide Learning Results, or ESLRs for West Nairobi School. The ESLRs are the guides by which we develop, revise, and implement our academic standards as well as our extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. WNS’ ESLRs are divided into four domains in accordance with the school’s mission statement, with the guides for assessing the domains listed below.
The four domains for WNS’ ESLRs are:
1. Academic Development
- Analyze, interpret, differentiate, prioritize, evaluate, and apply information.
- Utilize information to effectively communicate knowledge orally and in written form.
- Demonstrate technological literacy.
- Develop and apply critical thinking skills.
2. Spiritual Development
- Grow in the knowledge and understanding of God
- Recognize the world as a creation of God.
- Develop an understanding and application of Biblical principles.
3. Social Development
- Respect people of different cultures, genders, races, appearances, and social status.
- Develop personal responsibility for actions and attitudes in a wide variety of areas.
- Contribute time, energy, and talents to improve the quality of life in their community.
4. Emotional and Physical Development
- Understand components of health and make decisions that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
- Apply appropriate problem-solving techniques in relationships with others.